I love the kitchen, I love baking and I love making edible creations. However, I tend to not consider myself a very “creative” or crafty type of person. Like, I would have never thought of these cute little snowmen on my own (thank goodness for Pinterest!). But once my eyes saw these adorable little guys, I knew I couldn’t go through the holiday season without making them this year. It also helps that the snowman “bodies” are Nutter Butter cookies. You don’t have to twist my arm to eat some (ahem, a lot) of those Throw in some M&M’s and a few other accessories, and you have cute-as-a-button snowmen. This is definitely a perfect holiday project if you have little ones too!
I had a bag of Wilton candy melts in the pantry so I used those, and they turned out some perfect snowmen. I chose to use the red and green M&M’s but if you think your snowmen would enjoy a flair of color, by all means use whichever you’d like!
I think these are awesome for a holiday party platter, for your kids to bring into school for the holidays (are kids still allowed to bring treats into school nowadays?), or to just eat with your hot chocolate while you sit next to the Christmas tree and watch something festive on TV
One year ago: Fig and Walnut Biscotti
Two years ago: Nut Crescents
Nutter Butter Snowmen
Yield: About 20
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Nutter Butter cookies
White candy melts (vanilla flavored)
Orange Tic-Tacs, cut in half
Black decorator icing
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
2. In a small to medium bowl, melt the white candy melts according to the package instructions.
3. Working one at a time, dip a Nutter Butter cookie into the melted coating and flip it over to coat completely (a fork is great for this). Remove and let any excess drip off then place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining Nutter Butter cookies. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so the coating can set.
4. Attach a small decorating tip (I used a #2) to a pastry bag and fill with black icing (I just used Wilton decorating icing to make it easy). Dab a small amount on one side of an M&M and place on the coated cookie. Repeat with another just below to make the two “buttons”.
5. Dab another small amount on the bottom of half of a Tic Tac and affix to the center of the top of the cookie for the nose. Again, repeat.
6. Now squeeze out small dots for the eyes and the mouth. Ta-Da! Snowmen!
(Recipe adapted from my pretty purse)
Email | Print
Tags: Christmas, Cookies, Winter